Saturday, August 14, 2010

Still alive and kicking

I apologize to the two people who have asked in the past few days (and assuming that there might be a couple more) regarding the infrequent updating of this blog and how far it has fallen behind in the past two weeks. There have been a variety of reasons as to why this has happened:

1. Personal - Things have been a little rough as of late, and without getting into specifics, there were a few personal matters that took top priority.

2. Professional - In the past two weeks I have started a new job and finished helping out at the Underground with both Late Night in the Bedroom (a great indie rock and arts webseries that filmed their season finale at The Underground recently) and The Wright Stuff, alongside getting something off the ground for the upcoming Adam West appearance that is going to be extremely epic and fun. Plus, it leads to some of you lucky ducks winning stuff. Stay tuned for that.

3. Technical - I do not own a desktop. Only a laptop. The AC adaptor for my computer has decided to stop working and tracking down a replacement has been a bit of an issue (mostly because I am broke). The battery is fine, but I simply can't charge it and I have not been able to find a store that simply sells power supply replacements that are compatible with my old P.O.S. Compaq. I have been forced to use (shudder) the computers at the Toronto Public Library to post, which only work half the time. On top of all this, on Thursday, the only day I was actually available to post by backlog of blogs. my blog was down and I could not access it.

So if you get a bunch of RSS notifications from me all at once for films that have already passed, please either ignore them or realize that the intention was to post them well before this. Flash Gordon, Riki-Oh, Ferris Beuler's Day Off, Rushmore, Micmacs, The Karate Kid, Mad Monkey Kung Fu, and Africa Screams will all be up in the near future. The blog will be back on track for next week where you can look forward to Grown Ups, a follow-up on Exit Through the Gift shop, and a look ahead to Batman week and George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead.

Thank you all for your patience. Just the fact that people noticed the lack of updates and showed some concern, means quite a lot.

Here is a video of wrestler Scott Steiner (a university graduate!) describing your chances of winning this upcoming Batman contest:


No comments:

Post a Comment